it's been in the works for a few months to try this tutorial for bunting that elizabeth did for her wedding.
i finally found some time to make it happen! but not without a few of my own small changes...
first, you need your fabrics.
believe it or not, these are just some old shirts and dresses that are unusable for various reasons. i figured i'd keep them for scrap fabric, rather than just throw them away.
i made a template from an old cereal box, and used that to draw on the fabric and make cutouts.
thelonious always likes to watch me when i do projects, but i suspect her main interest lies with the yarn (which she is obsessed with.)
anywayyy, i used mod podge for this (i've been using it for everything lately.) i just smeared a triangle of glue over one side of the cutouts. i then closed up the fabric over itself, making sure to catch the yarn so that it stays in one place.
my cutouts and my technique in making these were NOT immaculate, but i didn't mind. however, if you want a cleaner look for yours, you can use an iron to make sure the fabric lays perfectly flat.