late to the partaay...
amy tagged me in the 11 things meme that's been all the rage lately. i had some free time to work on this last night, so here's mine!
There are five rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.
My 11 Random Things
1. like amy, i hated cats for as long as i could remember until i lived in brooklyn. i desperately wanted a pet, so we got max at a shelter. four cats later...
2. the name "chantillysongs" goes all the way back to the myspace days, when we were all creating our music pages. my friend kira named her url "kirasongs." i thought this sounded much cooler than "kiramusic" or whatever. so i copied her :)
3. in my lifetime, in order, i've had the following jobs:
chamber maid, coffee shop barista, furniture store cleaning woman, ice cream scooper, hotel front desk receptionist, retail sales associate, bank teller, racebook cashier, bartender, liquor store clerk, box office ticketer, waitress, flyer hander-outer, administrative assistant, professional temp, project coordinator, photographer, and music teacher. yes, i'm exhausted (and there are probably some i've missed.)
4. i'm learning the song "hold on" by wilson phillips right now for a student/ my friend and um... i'm loving it a little too much.
5. i used to hate radiohead on the sole premise that everyone else liked them (plus the song "there there" used to give me panic attacks.) now, they are my fave :)
6. ... speaking of panic attacks, i got my first one when i was 19, and i thought i was dying.
7. i'm horrible at running. but i did track in high school just to be social.
8. my second apartment in brooklyn was a complete crap-hole, but i loved it because it was mine.
9. i've always wanted to go on a cross-country road trip. most preferably in an rv.
10. one time, little richard was performing at the casino i worked at. it was halloween, and i was eighteen, so of course i showed up to work dressed up in a glittery, over-the-top gown. i was coming back from dinner, when he scooted past me with his security entourage and quipped "OOOOOHH, GIRRL you look so pretty!!!" i was glowing after that.
11. speaking of celebrities- even though i live in nyc, i cannot spot them to save my life. there was that time i thought i almost saw lindsay lohan... a guy i thought looked a lot like andre 3000 walking across the street in the most obscure part of midtown... john lithgow in herald square (but why the hell would he go there??) but that's about the extent of it.
1. What is your spirit animal?
probably a bird. since i am an air sign, i've always felt very connected with them. i used to have dreams about flying a LOT, and i think it would be such a cool perspective to have!
2. What is your most embarrassing moment?
that time i told a guy i liked him, and he just nodded and walked away. then we had to work together for six months. super fun.
3. Would you rather have a tattoo of Patrick Swayze as a centaur or Chris Farley as a Chippendale's dancer?
patrick swayze all the way! the tattoo would have to be on my butt, though. luckily, i live upstairs from a tattoo parlor (coincidence??)
4. What is playing on your iPod right this instant?
i don't have my ipod on right now... but the last songs i played (please don't think is horribly vain) are the ones from my new ep! it was actually so that i could determine the mood/ tempo/ genre/ subgenres of the songs...
5. What is your dream place to live? If money and practicality weren't issues?
i've thought out this fantasy very elaborately over many years. i'd definitely have multiple homes and split my time between them. i'd love to have 1) a beach cottage in my hometown in ri, 2) an apartment in new york- probably williamsburg or park slope, and 3) a cute little house in austin- i fell in love with this city when i visited a few years ago.
6. What do you want to be when you grow up?
if you remember seeing my list of jobs up there, you can probably surmise that i'm fickle :) (but it's mostly because all those jobs sucked.) the good news is, i think i'm very close to figuring it out!! i really do love teaching music, and can see myself doing it for awhile. of course, i've always wanted to be a professional rock star. whatever i end up doing, i want it to be creatively fulfilling, make me feel productive, and leave me enough time for relaxation and "me" time.
7. If you could play any musical instrument, what would it be and why?
well, i already play guitar and sing. but if i had the luxury of picking up something completely new, i'd say cello. or maybe expand on my plucked-stringed-instrument skillz and take up the banjo. i tried to play it a few times before, but couldn't deal. it seems super complicated.
8. If you had to wear one last pair of shoes every day for the rest of your life, what pair would it be?
that would have to be my red oxoford easy spirits. i've bought these shoes at least three times already over maybe ten years. i just can't stop lovin' em.
9. If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich, and a piece of chocolate cake on the side.
10. Would you rather kiss a wookie or an ogre?
11. What is your favorite part about spring?
omg, EVERYTHING. but mostly that it feels exactly like the moment you take off those itchy tights you've been wearing all day long.
My tags and Questions
Miki, Amber, Jenna, Marisa, Caitlin, Katie :)
1. Where are you sitting, and what are you doing right now?
2. What's your favorite fruit? Least favorite?
3. Are you a dog or cat person?
4. Who's the last person you talked do, and what's the last thing you said?
5. Name your top five bands/ music artists.
6. Where did you grow up?
7. On your fantasy trip of the world, where would you go?
8. Describe your perfect day- from start to finish.
9. What's your least favorite smell?
10. Imagine your 2 most favorite foods are people, and describe the way they met.
11. Do you prefer to receive flowers or chocolate from a significant other?
wow, that was kinda long! but hopefully now, you know everything about me you've ever wanted to and more. have a wonderful wednesday everyone! xoxo