Friday, March 7, 2014
It's that time of year again. SXSW time, coming up next week. I'm inevitably jealous of everyone who gets to go, and live vicariously through all my friends who do. Not only do I adore Austin, but a crazy magical week full of music sounds like just the ticket for me.
Other famous festivals like Bonnaroo and Coachella will be just around the corner. So I've got to plan a dream wardrobe just in case I score entry (and plane tickets!!) from some generous soul who wants to give them to me for free!!? (it could happen...)
So without further ado, here are a few things that I'd wear to a festival!
1. You've gotta have a cool hat. I've been eyeing this wool hat from F21 for about a month. I saw it in stores, but didn't grab it. Why??
2. Maxi dress is a must. I've yet to dive into this trend, though I want to! This floral maxi dress checks all my boxes.
3. Sunglasses. Preferably big round sunglasses. I needz them. I was really impressed with the quality of the ones I got from Free People a few months ago, and they were under $20! Next, I want these Goodnight Moon Sunglasses.
4. Cute lace slip from UO. Always good for hot days. Always sexy.
5. A kimono!! Okay, so this particular item is a little pricey, but kimonos are the one item that I've been batshit crazy for this spring. I want one for every day of the week :) I'm allowing myself a bit of indulgence when I present to you this Rose Kimoo from ASOS.
6. Lastly, you will need a good pair of flats... you certainly can't frolic around fields in heels. These ones from Seychelles are cute, and come in a bunch of different colors. Score.
Are you attending any festivals this year? What will you be wearing?
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
I've been organizing and participating in Noise Collective NYC for over a year, and haven't really talked much about it here. Maybe it's because the photos of our events aren't exactly ones I'd share here (dark bars + big crowds don't exactly equal "pretty" pictures.)
Maybe because I feel like my "music life" doesn't really converge with the things I write about on this blog, which is silly. The sole reason I started this blog was to help promote my music... then the blog it took on a life of its own ;)
I guess for a long time now, I've let the reporting of my musical endeavors fall by the wayside, while typical "blog topics" have taken precedence.
I love doing both things. But I want that to change.
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Friday, February 28, 2014
So I was browsing around Sephora the other day, like always. And I decided to try Bumble and Bumble’s Surf Spray. And what do you know, I thought it was pretty great. True, the results were not an exact reproduction of the beachy waves I’d rocked each summer growing up on the coast of Rhode Island. But it sure did make me look pretty, and nice, and I decided needed to have it.
But $25??! Ugh.
I liked the product a lot, and was working up the nerve to shell out the money, but then it occurred to me that “Hey- I can totally DIY this!” And so I did.
Thursday, February 27, 2014
Classes cancelled for the rest of the week, so I took a train home this morning back to RI for a couple of days.
Sometimes things get confusing, and I feel like I need to get away. It's always been hard for me to feel like I'm stuck in one place. Physically, mentally, spiritually... just stagnant. It's fortunate when you have a place to go to help break out of that pattern, and comforting to be around people who know you like the back of their hand. It's nice to be heard. To just sit back, say absolutely nothing, and still be heard just fine. I'm fortunate to have that... at least with some people on this earth.
Well in other news, I'm done with House of Cards and I just don't know what I'll watch now. Any suggestions?
(+ here are a few little snapshots I've been procrastinating on posting!)
~ We ordered a few Mexican tiles from Etsy that we're using as coasters
~ A little lace
~ Chocolate-dipped Ritz!!
~ A photo from a shoot a couple weeks ago, and I thought looked nice in black and white
~ I did a photo shoot at a singer's gig at a piano bar last month... I thought this picture of the piano turned out really cool looking!
~ Thelonious lounging on our new, awesome rug
~ My Songwriting Workshop!!! I've been running some workshops through Noise Collective, where artists come and play their songs for the group, and get critiqued on them. I’m really proud of the way these are going, and I’ve been meeting so many new and awesome artists. In April, we have a plan to launch two new workshops, and run them all in the same day!! So excited.
Thanks for stopping by today :) Hope your week has been good so far. xxo