Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Friday, March 7, 2014
It's that time of year again. SXSW time, coming up next week. I'm inevitably jealous of everyone who gets to go, and live vicariously through all my friends who do. Not only do I adore Austin, but a crazy magical week full of music sounds like just the ticket for me.
Other famous festivals like Bonnaroo and Coachella will be just around the corner. So I've got to plan a dream wardrobe just in case I score entry (and plane tickets!!) from some generous soul who wants to give them to me for free!!? (it could happen...)
So without further ado, here are a few things that I'd wear to a festival!
1. You've gotta have a cool hat. I've been eyeing this wool hat from F21 for about a month. I saw it in stores, but didn't grab it. Why??
2. Maxi dress is a must. I've yet to dive into this trend, though I want to! This floral maxi dress checks all my boxes.
3. Sunglasses. Preferably big round sunglasses. I needz them. I was really impressed with the quality of the ones I got from Free People a few months ago, and they were under $20! Next, I want these Goodnight Moon Sunglasses.
4. Cute lace slip from UO. Always good for hot days. Always sexy.
5. A kimono!! Okay, so this particular item is a little pricey, but kimonos are the one item that I've been batshit crazy for this spring. I want one for every day of the week :) I'm allowing myself a bit of indulgence when I present to you this Rose Kimoo from ASOS.
6. Lastly, you will need a good pair of flats... you certainly can't frolic around fields in heels. These ones from Seychelles are cute, and come in a bunch of different colors. Score.
Are you attending any festivals this year? What will you be wearing?
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
I've been organizing and participating in Noise Collective NYC for over a year, and haven't really talked much about it here. Maybe it's because the photos of our events aren't exactly ones I'd share here (dark bars + big crowds don't exactly equal "pretty" pictures.)
Maybe because I feel like my "music life" doesn't really converge with the things I write about on this blog, which is silly. The sole reason I started this blog was to help promote my music... then the blog it took on a life of its own ;)
I guess for a long time now, I've let the reporting of my musical endeavors fall by the wayside, while typical "blog topics" have taken precedence.
I love doing both things. But I want that to change.