Hope everyone's weekend was wonderful :) Me and Matt took advantage of the sunny weather to clown around on the roof and take some new photographs.
July 25, 2014
1. Pyrex bowl and vintage table runner my mom thrifted for me.
2. Learning a new song for a student!
3. Made a fort out of chairs, blankets, and scarves in my studio the other day. Gotta have a different perspective sometimes, you know?
4. I impulsively bought a straight razor after getting another so-so haircut, and discovered that straight-razoring your own hair can be addicting! And dangerous... I'm not quite sure about the results :P I think they're okay. My hair is still long, but has been thinned out quite a bit. Time will tell!
5. Donuts at Dunwell, and a chat with my friend Alyson :)
++ Also, I had a show the other night at Rockwood Music Hall! (no pictures, boooo.) It was a really nice night though. One of those times you feel happy to be an artist.
Have a great weekend :)
:: FOLLOW ::
Labels: life moments
July 24, 2014
July 21, 2014
I know it looks like I'm about to show you a recipe for salsa, but guess again. Haha. Instead, I've got three ways to make a lovely and refreshing cucumber mask. Perfect way to beat the heat and stay beautiful :)
July 18, 2014
Another round of Noise Collective workshops has gone by, and I almost forgot to post about it! I've got to get better at that... I want to share so much more of what goes on in my musical life, but the content is not always inherently visual. Either way, here's some creativity in action for you :)
This time, I hosted around ten artists at my place, and we split people into groups where they would come up with an amazing song or idea (within an hour!), and then all share their new songs at the end. A few groups took to the rooftop this time, and also my stairwell :P
It really is awesome to hear what everyone comes up with... and for most people, it's something they never would've thought of if they didn't have a cowriting partner. That's part of why I love doing this so much.
PS, speaking of new musical creations, my friend Jamie- my guitar co-teacher from my first year of camp just released a new album with his band- Gorilla Punch Radio. I'm so proud of him, and know how much work it takes to release a record! You can listen to their music here.
:: FOLLOW ::