Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Just few items I've been loving lately...
1. This adorable collared dress. I borrowed a similar one from Miki a little while back, and have been dreaming of owning it ever since. This one is close enough (and a good price!)
2. This blouse with little birds printed on it. I'm slowly realizing that I don't have nearly enough blouses. Mostly, I'd like to use them as layering pieces... wearing them layered under cozy sweaters (obvi...)
3. This darling satchel. I'm in love with this style of bag right now, and I find myself drawn the sunny yellow color. It would be wonderful for brightening up these dark winter days.
4. I sooo need a cropped sweater in my life. Be perfect to wear over dresses. In fact, I may just go ahead and order this one...
5. I've searched high and low for a good pair of brogues. The truth is, I really prefer menswear-style shoes to super feminine ones, and there just aren't enough options out there. These ones have tassels!!
Anything in particular you've been coveting lately?
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Today, I get to bring you a lovely giveaway from my completely adorable + awesome sponsor Chelsea from Sketchy Notions! She runs a small paper goods shop filled with cards, postcards and more. Chelsea is a talented artist, so all cards are printed with original designs, and sketches from her adventures abroad. She tells me that she loves running her little shop, and has much fun turning her ideas and memories into unique paper goods!
Today, Chelsea is giving away a $25 credit to her store! Maybe you're looking to stock up on holiday cards. Or you've just been looking for a way to say "hello" to someone special :) Either way, this is a lovely way to do so.
Entering is simple! Just follow my blog, visit Chelsea's shop, then tell us what you would choose to get with your credits in the comments! (Then you can do bonus entries, yay!!)
Thanks for entering, and good luck!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Monday, December 2, 2013
Okay, so I feel like I went a little cray here. It's a color and pattern-splosion, complete with "interesting" accessory choices! Haha. I like to remind myself sometimes that I'm really just silly dreamer/ artist... not necessarily a fashionista :P
Anyway, I had recently ordered this cardigan, when Rachel made a post about how it had all but gone "viral" in the style world. Haha, it's true! I've seen this cardi on a few ladies, and I guess now you can add me to the pack of proud wearers.
Much as I love the thing, to be quite honest, it did take a lot longer to ship than normal. I'm not sure what the delay was, as I've done a lot of ordering overseas in the past year, but nothing has ever taken that long before. I'm glad I finally got it though!
Also of note, the cardigan is a bit thinner than I thought. I guess I've just had big, beautiful, thick sweaters on the brain lately. The weight of this cardi is probably more suitable for fall weather.. but no bother. Layering is my friend, and if you can believe it, that green shirt is actually ANOTHER sweater!
The green sweater is another stunning find from the Tulle sale ($11!) They're solid color, and you can't see here, but it also has a a peter pan collar. Such a cute twist! Again, it's pretty thin, but that made it perfect to layer under the geo-print cardigan from Choies.
Pants- Uniqlo/ Cardigan- Choies/ Sweater- Tulle/ Necklace- Forever 21 (similar)/ Shoes- thrifted
Thursday, November 28, 2013
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Had a lovely little impromptu brunch with my friend Damon last week. He asked me if I would take some head shots of him for his resume, and i was happy to oblige. I was treated to eggs and coffee afterwards. Damon's a wonderful friend, and has given me lots of great advice about the music industry in the past few years (he does A&R for a label.)
Anyway, the place we hit up was called Urban Rustic, and it lived up to its name! Decked out in rich wood everywhere, fresh flowers at every table, AND free wifi. Who could ask for anything more? :)
I miss posts like this... just snaps of the everyday stuff I do & hanging out with friends. I'll make an effort to do more of them.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, lovely loves!!